Friday, January 11, 2013

Photo Friday: Alex Cretey


When I saw Alex Cretey's work, I felt deeply connected to its slightly strange sense of the world. I am filled with a feeling of in-between, and opened ended longing for something unknown. 

Alex describes the series, Presqu'ile as "a body of work where pictures tackle everything familiar to me, trying to keep the na├»ve fascination and the delight I still experiment when, working as a travel photographer, I'm documenting what is exotic to me. The Presqu'Ile series documents a peninsula in the north west of france, which used to be my home.  Presqu’Ile is the french  word for “peninsula”. Literally in french it means, “Almost an island”. It is a personal trip into a region full of memories, asking what gives this place such an island feeling."

View more of Alex's work here: http://www.systermans.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment